- No hitting, striking or any abuse toward another player is allowed. Hockey sticks are a weapon and can cause serious injury. We need to keep the kids safe.
- Yelling at players, refs, coaches, etc. will not be tolerated. Unsportsmanlike offenses will result in suspension (shift, period or game).
- Sportsmanship at all times…gracious winners and losers.
- No intent to injure our teammates or opponents. A penalty that is deemed to be intent to injure will result in suspension (shift, period or game).
- Be a good teammate, no bullying or harassing another child will be tolerated (See Anti-Bullying Policy).
- No foul language.
- No horse play in the locker room, on the ice or elsewhere at the rink.
If any of these rules are broken, we will work on a 3 strike system, however we reserve the right to escalate the response based on the severity of the infraction and other aggravating circumstances.
- 1st strike, child sits a period or rest of practice.
- 2nd strike, child sits a game and practice but must attend.
- 3rd strike, board/diciplinary committee review with parents.
Playing in our league is a privilege, not a right. The GPYHA board can refuse or revoke membership of players that are unable to meet the requirements of this Code of Conduct.